Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour
About Film & Animation / Professional Member John GallagherMale/Canada Recent Activity
Deviant for 2 Years
Needs Premium Membership
Statistics 173 Deviations 289 Comments 44,981 Pageviews

Newest Deviations

Favourites

When you work as an illustrator in film and TV it's not always as sexy as you might think. A lot of explainers, disposable concepts, remedial retrofits, mundane but essential work. By mundane I mean everyday and pedestrian information, not huge screen filling space battles. Occasionally we get keyframes and big sell plates but by and large it's meat and potatoes part of the process. Easily 90% of production illustration is comprised of cluging elements together to be on the page everyone needs to be on. The other 10% is blue sky. Regardless, the vocation is a privilege, lucrative and always challenging. I work with the best who demand the best and I'm happy to oblige and my resume is full of the fingerprints of top end creators it's been a pleasure to work alongside. So every so often you get tapped for a job, one that dovetails all your interests and passions and you squeee when the call comes. I just squeed. Starting next week I'll be illustrating on The Flash for CW series. And we're going to f*cking kill it

deviantID

uncannyknack's Profile Picture
uncannyknack
John Gallagher
Artist | Professional | Film & Animation
Canada
I started working as a professional artist in 1996 at Bioware, a videogame development studio in Edmonton, working as Director of Concept Art for eight years honing my craft. I've been working as a production illustrator for the last six years in Vancouver on such series as Defying Gravity, V, Once Upon A Time, Falling Skies and now The Flash, debuting in October 2014 and have been a guest artist at several comic conventions and enjoyed the hell out of all of it. Always looking to meet other artists with great passion for the work and collaborations, share stories, swap tips and talk shop, new projects and networking with the great talent here on Deviantart
Interests

AdCast - Ads from the Community

×

Comments


Add a Comment:
 
:iconkarantheartist:
Karantheartist Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Student Artist
Dang! That Boba Fett is good!
Reply
:icontriforcechampion:
TriforceChampion Featured By Owner 6 days ago  New member Student Writer
I love your "Boba Fett" piece, it is so amazing! Wonderful job on it! Clap 
Reply
:iconuncannyknack:
uncannyknack Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Professional Filmographer
Thanks! It was a fun piece to do. Glad you dig it :)
Reply
:iconpwney:
Pwney Featured By Owner Jul 20, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
Do you ever look at your art and say, "Wow holy shit I'm a god."

Cause holy shit you're a god.
Reply
:iconuncannyknack:
uncannyknack Featured By Owner Edited Jul 21, 2014  Professional Filmographer
Hahaha hasn't even come close to happening yet! The closest I get is 'that's alright for now' or every so often 'not bad that'll work'. Thanks for dropping in
Reply
:iconpwney:
Pwney Featured By Owner Jul 20, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah man no problem.  Keep up the amazing work!
Reply
:iconljekc:
LJEKC Featured By Owner Jul 18, 2014

Welcome to Fantasy-NPC :)

:iconfantasy-npc:

Reply
:iconangelsp:
Angelsp Featured By Owner Jul 17, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
Loving your work!
Reply
:iconuncannyknack:
uncannyknack Featured By Owner Jul 20, 2014  Professional Filmographer
Thanks man! 
Reply
:iconbob-misfit-modelski:
Bob-Misfit-Modelski Featured By Owner Jul 14, 2014  Professional Artist
WoW! Pretty darn sweet work you got here. Ill be watching.
Reply
Add a Comment: